Fall is officially here! The weather is getting cooler and everyone is going crazy for pumpkin flavored anything! I admit, I am one of those people. However, I have noticed that a lot of the pumpkin flavored items at the grocery store are high in sugar and fat or loaded with artificial ingredients. I came up with a healthy, high protein pumpkin donut protein pancake recipe. I use the Rivalus Rival Whey Protein Powder in Glazed Donut, but almost any flavor would taste amazing with the pumpkin.
- 1/4 cup (60g) of canned 100% pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop Rivalus Rival Whey Protein Powder in Glazed Donut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 packet of stevia (optional – if you want the
- pancakes sweeter)
- A splash of water or any type of milk (your preference) for batter consistency
- Spray griddle or pan with non-stick cooking spray and turn stove to medium heat.
- Mix together protein powder, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and stevia.
- Whisk in pumpkin and egg.
- Once wet and dry ingredients are combined, add a splash of water or any milk of your choice to make a pancake batter consistency.
- Pour batter onto the hot griddle or pan. ***You can either make one large pancake or several small pancakes.
- Flip pancake(s) over once bubbles form and batter is not runny anymore.
Pumpkin Donut Protein Pancakes are a great high protein breakfast option. Protein powder helps me stay full for hours after breakfast. The pancakes can even be consumed post- workout as an alternative to a protein shake. I like to top them with spray butter and sugar free syrup. I also like to use peanut butter or a diced apple that is sprinkled with cinnamon and cooked in the microwave as fun, delicious toppings if I need more carbohydrates or fats in the morning.